Travels With My Art

A compilation of Chris's humorous and entertaining travelogues, revealing some of the pitfalls and frustrations, as well as the joy of being a professional artist. Hoping that his efforts abroad will continue to bring in a daily crust to continue supporting his family at home!

19 Jul 2010

'Dawn after rain on the Piazzetta, Venice'.

Yes I know it's a mouthful as a title, but it explains why this painting looks blustery, wet and cool! I remember going for a run before breakfast on one trip to Venice, in March. It was damp and mouldy, but quite atmospheric. I painted this view in acrylics on board, unusual for me, but as a warm-up sketch for a watercolour. I like it as it is though, and will put it in my Autumn show.

More acrylics on the way I think.

2 comments:

BB Nadia said...

Wow, great work!

Raul said...

Hi,iºam Raul from Madrid,Spain,you did a nice job with this website,i like your articles and you photos,i will visit you again soon to see the new post,maybe you want to visit some of my sites
Nehoiu online ,Nehoiu is a beautiful town in Romania, Marketing This is one of my bussines, Asesinos seriales ,this is a blog about serial killers, Directorio web SEO ,this is a free but with reciprocal link web directories where you can submit you sites,i hope you will find it usefull.bye bye

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...